Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Humayun gmail <hu...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/16 10:30:10 UTC

Too much fetch failure

we are using hadoop on virtual box. when it is a single node then it works
fine for big dataset larger than the default block size. but in case of
multinode cluster (2 nodes) we are facing some problems.
Like when the input dataset is smaller than the default block size(64 MB)
then it works fine. but when the input dataset is larger than the default
block size then it shows ‘too much fetch failure’ in reduce state.
here is the output link
http://paste.ubuntu.com/707517/

>From the above comments , there are many users who faced this problem.
different users suggested to modify the /etc/hosts file in different manner
to fix the problem. but there is no ultimate solution.we need the actual
solution thats why we are writing here.

this is our /etc/hosts file
192.168.60.147 humayun # Added by NetworkManager
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
::1 humayun localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
127.0.1.1 humayun

::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

192.168.60.1 master
192.168.60.2 slave

Re: Too much fetch failure

Posted by Humayun gmail <hu...@gmail.com>.
no. in my config files i mention as master

Re: Too much fetch failure

Posted by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Too much fetch failure

Posted by Humayun gmail <hu...@gmail.com>.