Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ne...@swisslab.de on 2006/09/22 09:40:04 UTC

Java path

Hello List,

I ve Tomcat5 running and updated Java. Since then Tomcat refuses to start up
because it can not find Java anymore. Where can I define the Java path for
Tomcat to work with? I tried to set JAVA_HOME, but Tomcat still would not
work :(

Thanks!

Re: Java path

Posted by Li <am...@gmail.com>.
in windows:

echo %JAVA_HOME% see if there is anything

in linux/unix

echo $JAVA_HOME see if there is anything

normally if you export JAVA_HOME, and add to path, you should be able to use
tools in /bin directly

so make sure your JAVA_HOME is exported

On 9/22/06, news@swisslab.de <ne...@swisslab.de> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I ve Tomcat5 running and updated Java. Since then Tomcat refuses to start
> up
> because it can not find Java anymore. Where can I define the Java path for
> Tomcat to work with? I tried to set JAVA_HOME, but Tomcat still would not
> work :(
>
> Thanks!

When we invent time, we invent death.

RE: Java path

Posted by Tracy Nelson <tn...@factsmgt.com>.
If you're on Windows, open the registry editor and go to the key
HKLM/SOFTWARE/Apache Software Foundation/Procrun
2.0/Tomcat5/Parameters/Java/JVM.  This key should have the value of your
JAVA_HOME.

---
Tracy Nelson / Nelnet Business Solutions
402 / 617-9449