Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Parag Kesar <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2003/07/17 09:10:17 UTC

XmlRpcClient + session bean + SSL

Hi,

I'm interested in using Apache's XML-RPC solution to write a client which
will connect to a XML-RPC server (in a different language). SSL will be used
throughout.

I'm interested in invoking the client from a stateless session bean.
However,org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient is a multithreaded solution,and
session beans don't allow thread to be created. So won't this cause problems
with weblogic's thread pool? Also does XmlRpcClient support HTTPS?

Help would be appreciated.

regards,
Parag

The chance of a lifetime. Don't miss it.
http://server1.msn.co.in/sp03/hclbeanstalktour/index.asp Win HCL Beanstalk
PCs.

Re: XmlRpcClient + session bean + SSL

Posted by sb...@neospire.net.
On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 12:40:17PM +0530, Parag Kesar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in using Apache's XML-RPC solution to write a client which
> will connect to a XML-RPC server (in a different language). SSL will be
> used throughout.
>
> I'm interested in invoking the client from a stateless session bean.
> However,org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient is a multithreaded solution,and
> session beans don't allow thread to be created. So won't this cause
> problems with weblogic's thread pool? Also does XmlRpcClient support HTTPS?
You need SecureXmlRpcClient...

--
Sean Bruton            <sb...@neospire.net>
Senior Engineer        Network Services