Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/19 15:39:22 UTC

[m2] java 5's apt.exe as a compiler option?

All--

  I'm interested in the status of Java 5 support in Maven,
particularly around supporting the JDK's new tool bin/apt.exe which is
Sun's extension of javac.exe.  I've written an extension of
"plexus-compiler-javac" that adds support for "apt.exe" so that
annotation processors can be hosted at build-time to run validation,
do code generation, etc.  An example of configuring this in a project
is below.  This supports setting the APT options as well as the javac
options; the code is here:

    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/beehive/sandbox/maven2/maven-apt-compiler/

There's also this patch in Codehaus:

    http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1672

that adds a standalone plugin for apt.exe (not a new compiler) but
does not support forked execution or the Javac options.

Any thoughts on / status of support for apt.exe in M2?  I'm happy to
contribute the M2 + apt compiler extension if that's appropriate.

Cheers,
Eddie

:::
            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <compilerId>apt</compilerId>
                    <source>1.5</source>
                    <target>1.5</target>
                    <fork>true</fork>
                    <verbose>true</verbose>
                    <compilerArguments>
                        <sourcepath>src/main/java;src/test/java</sourcepath>
                        <s>target/srcgen</s>

<APTweb.content.root>src/main/webapp</APTweb.content.root>
                    </compilerArguments>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
:::