Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Markus Witt <wi...@wmd.de> on 2001/03/20 14:58:36 UTC

Newbie probs w/ freshly generated app and HelloWorld screen example

Hello.

I just installed Turbine and am making the first steps. I do have some
questions already ;-)

1) I generated a test application with newapp.bat. Reading the docs
(installation and getting started) in ../tdk/webapps/site/turbine-docs
I'm not sure if the generated applacation should give a login page on
first access. It does *not* do so in my case.

Should I have to login before being presented the page saying "Welcome
to the Turbine TDK!  This is your very first Turbine webapp using
Velocity!  Congratulations!"?

2) I tried the "HelloWorld" screen example from the section getting
started. Turbine seems to find the compiled HelloWorld.class (if I
rename it I get a "class not found exception"). The generated page when
accessing localhost:8080/newapp/servlet/newapp/screen/HelloWorld is
completely empty. Neither title nor body contain the text "Hello World".
Any hints what may be wrong here?

I use the TDK version 1.1a11 on Windows NT with JDK 1.3.

Thanks in advance for any useful info,
Markus