Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Kevin TierOne <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/10 17:42:21 UTC

Axis2 + Rampart + WS-Security

I have a question about the capabilities of the rampart module.  I would
like to create a client that sends several SOAP messages to the server.  The
messages are currently authenticated using the UsernameToken in a PWCallback
class.  Is it possible to create a session identifier when processing the
first SOAP message so the remaining SOAP messages are not required to
authenticate?

Is there any built-in function in rampart or the callback class to help me
keep track of a session identifier?  Or is this functionality out of the
scope of rampart and WS-Security?

Is this where WS-SecureConversation comes in to play?  If so, then is there
an Axis2 module in the works for WS-SecureConversation?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Axis2 + Rampart + WS-Security

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
IMHO this is out of the scope of WS-Security specification and
WS-SecureConversation will be able to help.

You can authenticate the user and create the security context. Now you
can use this context in sending the subsequent messages.

Thanks,
Ruchith

--
www.ruchith.org