Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tremal Naik <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/23 18:01:56 UTC

context.xml: ClassNotFoundException

Hello, I have a problem with Tomcat 5.5
I created a file CiccioPasticcio.war with my application. I have to
filter user requests using Tomcat Valves, so I wrote a context.xml file
with the following

<Context cookies="true" crossContext="false" >
  <Valve className="com.ciccio.pasticcio.web.valve.LoginErrorMessageValve" />
  <Valve className="com.ciccio.pasticcio.web.valve.LicenseRequirementsValve" />
  <Valve className="com.ciccio.pasticcio.web.valve.TomcatFixValve" />
</Context>

The file is in the folder

CiccioPasticcio.war\META-INF\context.xml

The Valve classes are in the war into the following locations:

CiccioPasticcio.war\WEB-INF\classes\com\ciccio\pasticcio\web\valve\LoginErrorMessageValve.class

When I start tomcat I have the following

SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.ciccio.pasticcio.web.valve.LoginErrorMessageValve
SEVERE: Parse error in default web.xml
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.ciccio.pasticcio.web.valve.LoginErrorMessageValve

I really canot figure out where I failed. Can you help me?

TREMALNAIK