Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Andreas Niekler <an...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> on 2012/08/14 13:33:43 UTC

UIMA CAS Consumer

Hello,

i'm working on a MongoDB Cas Cosumer which consumes the openNLP CAS
Documents. Right now i'm having problems to correctly initialize the
TypeSystem. The following does not work. I bet this is because i do not
rely on the Annotators anymore and just want to grab the annotations.
But how can i address the types in a CAS_Consumer the right way using
the uima openNLP tools?

String sentenceTypeName =
		        CasConsumerUtil.getRequiredStringParameter(getUimaContext(),
		        UimaUtil.SENTENCE_TYPE_PARAMETER);

		String tokenTypeName =
CasConsumerUtil.getRequiredStringParameter(getUimaContext(),
		        UimaUtil.TOKEN_TYPE_PARAMETER);

		mSentenceType = CasConsumerUtil.getType(typeSystem, sentenceTypeName);

		mTokenType = CasConsumerUtil.getType(typeSystem, tokenTypeName);
--
Andreas Niekler, Dipl. Ing. (FH)
NLP Group | Department of Computer Science

mail: aniekler@informatik.uni-leipzig.deg.de

multiple Sofa's in UIMA CAS

Posted by Andreas Niekler <an...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.
Hello,

i wonder if it is possible to define multiple sofa's in a UIMA
Collection Reader and pass those differnt contents to the sentence
annotator. Will there be a sentence annotation for each sofa or does
openNLP UIMA automatically choose the first sofa in the data?

Thank you

Andreas

Re: UIMA CAS Consumer

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 08/14/2012 02:11 PM, Andreas Niekler wrote:
> That helped a lot. Thank you. Is there a better documentation for such
> problems somewhere?

No we don't really have documentation for the UIMA integration, you are
welcome to contribute a chapter
about it to our manual.

Jörn

Re: UIMA CAS Consumer

Posted by Andreas Niekler <an...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.

Re: UIMA CAS Consumer

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Re: UIMA CAS Consumer

Posted by Andreas Niekler <an...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.
Hello,

> - You did not specify the type parameters in your xml descriptor
The descriptor for the consumer contains the reference to the type
system. Note that this i a CasConsumer_ImplBase Class not an annotator.

> - Your type system does not contain the types you want to retrieve

I appended the xml descriptor for my consumer. I hope that this helps to
spot the problem.

Thank you

Re: UIMA CAS Consumer

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

that should work. What is the error you get?

The usual suspects are these:
- You did not specify the type parameters in your xml descriptor
- Your type system does not contain the types you want to retrieve

Hope that helps,
Jörn