Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2012/11/08 15:02:05 UTC

Dropping pure master/slave support from 5.8

How do you guys feel about dropping pure master/slave support from 5.8?
 Pure master/slave adds lots of complexity to the broker implementation yet
I've never been able to recommend anyone use it in production due to
it's limitations.  M/S based on shared storage is fast, and most
importantly very reliable.  So I think we clean house a remove this
'feature'.

--

**

*Hiram Chirino*

*Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.*

*hchirino@redhat.com <hc...@redhat.com> | fusesource.com | redhat.com*

*skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino<http://twitter.com/hiramchirino>
*

*blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo <http://hiramchirino.com/blog/>*

Re: Dropping pure master/slave support from 5.8

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.

Re: Dropping pure master/slave support from 5.8

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.