Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/23 16:19:27 UTC

Backup and restore question

Hi,

We are in process of taking backup and restore of James database using
maildir and jpa. In this process we would like to know if this backup and
restore is for entire repository or just emails table JAMES_MAIL?

Thanks,
Sai

Re: Backup and restore question

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
you can also stop SMTP/IMAP/POP3 via JMX during the process...

bye
norman

Am Dienstag, 23. August 2011 schrieb Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>:
> It's for the mailbox related tables, so all tables expect the JAMES_USER
and the JAMES_DOMAIN.

> Those two tables are not linked via FK to the others, and the relations
are made via names (the users and the domains).

> You will have to recreate by hand (SQL insert, or via james-cli) the users
and domains after the restore (or even before, as you like, both work).

> During the backup/restore, block the traffic (changing james config and
restart, or in the fw/systems you have in front of james).

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

--
Eric
http://about.echarles.net