Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/06/15 06:41:48 UTC

[drlvm] need a quick answer re how things are linked...

Ok, so I've gotten quite a bit done (I think) and stuff builds using the
classlib as it is in /enhanced/classlib/trunk using it's own build
artifacts.

So my tests are failing.

java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError : Failed loading library
"C:\dev\apache\harmony\enhanced\drlvm\trunk\build\win_ia32_msvc_release\deploy\jre\bin\hynio.dll":
The specified module could not be found.

Hm.  We don't *have* a hynio.dll.

When I look around, I find that it's being referenced by vmcore.dll

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this is so.  (This is my
problem with the generated stuff.  You just can't search for anything...)

So... please, if someone on the DRL team is around, how do I get
vmcore.dll to stop referencing hynio.dll, which doesn't exist anymore?

geir

Re: [drlvm] need a quick answer re how things are linked...

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> Hello Nataly, Geir
>
> I think the main reason why the list of DLLs is in CPP code is that from
> the
> names of libraries it constructs full paths to the files in VM location.
> Why
> the list of DLL names is hardcoded is a historical leftover. We didn't
> presume that may change often. It contains the DLLs which have to be
> preloaded on startup by VM in order to allow the base APIs to initialize.
> The rest of native code is loaded in a normal way with System.loadLibrary.

I see - that explains it.

> Hardcoding the list is probably bad for development purposes but RI does
> the
> same. Try to rename some library like zip.dll and it will not start. Do you
> think it should be changed?

I dunno.  I just was baffled.

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.
Hello Nataly, Geir