Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Soledad Villa <So...@Trintech.com> on 2002/03/07 21:37:12 UTC

UltraDev 4.0 Custom Tag Library Extension

Hi all,
I've tried the extension UltraDev 4.0 CTLX provided by jakarta and I
happened to have many problems:
1) the TLDParser has code errors:
   a - it's importing a class from xerces.jar that doesn't exists
   b - overrides the init method but it's not invoking the
super.init(config) method

Once I've fixed those errors, I was able to see the custom tag libraries,
but there is a problem remaining: when inserting a new tag, the JspParser
from jakarta "rewrites" the jsp code and eliminates some parts of the tags.
For instance: <html:errors/> is changed to <html:errors>.

So, it's not working very well.
The question is: anybody knows a tool, extension or whatever that actually
work with struts tags in order to see the page?
Or at least, anything to solve the problem I've been talking about?

Thanks in advance,
Sol