Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Diego Valle Rosado <di...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/13 05:01:14 UTC

[QA REPORT] Bug 121429, doubts about this bug

Hello all,

I was cheking the bug 121429- Justified lost in .docx bullet text list, the
user commented that OpenOffice loses formatting when importing MS Office
 Open XML .docx bullet or numbered lists.
He also says that Oliver-Rainer Wittmann has fixed a similar bug  .doc
files in the Bug 103711.
The following was the analysis of Oliver-Rainer:

"The analysis of Microsoft Word behavior reveals that the left indent for these
paragraphs are set at the paragraph itself, while the first line indent is set
at the corresponding list level of the applied list style.
When specifying the new position and space properties for list levels - see
specification http://specs.openoffice.org/writer/numbering/NewListLevelAttrs.odt
- such a situation has been overseen.
The problem that in OOo Writer all indent attributes (left indent, first line
indent and right indent) are combined in one attribute item makes it somehow
hard to take the left indent from the paragraph attributes and the first line
indent from the list level properties.

For the WW8 import I will implement the following solution:
- In case that a paragraph has only given a left indent and is inside a list
whose corresponding list level provides a first line indent the first
line indent from the list level is directly applied to the paragraph."

The user says that he has added a file to reproduce the bug but it hasn't done.

what can I do?, I tell him to add the file to reproduce the bug, or
change the status  as duplicate because Oliver-Rainer has corrected a
similar bug.

Greetings

Diego Valle

Re: [QA REPORT] Bug 121429, doubts about this bug

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 13.02.2013 18:11, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Diego Valle Rosado
> <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I was cheking the bug 121429- Justified lost in .docx bullet text list, the
>> user commented that OpenOffice loses formatting when importing MS Office
>>   Open XML .docx bullet or numbered lists.
>> He also says that Oliver-Rainer Wittmann has fixed a similar bug  .doc
>> files in the Bug 103711.
>> The following was the analysis of Oliver-Rainer:
>>
>> "The analysis of Microsoft Word behavior reveals that the left indent for these
>> paragraphs are set at the paragraph itself, while the first line indent is set
>> at the corresponding list level of the applied list style.
>> When specifying the new position and space properties for list levels - see
>> specification http://specs.openoffice.org/writer/numbering/NewListLevelAttrs.odt
>> - such a situation has been overseen.
>> The problem that in OOo Writer all indent attributes (left indent, first line
>> indent and right indent) are combined in one attribute item makes it somehow
>> hard to take the left indent from the paragraph attributes and the first line
>> indent from the list level properties.
>>
>> For the WW8 import I will implement the following solution:
>> - In case that a paragraph has only given a left indent and is inside a list
>> whose corresponding list level provides a first line indent the first
>> line indent from the list level is directly applied to the paragraph."
>>

>> The user says that he has added a file to reproduce the bug but it hasn't done.
>>
>> what can I do?, I tell him to add the file to reproduce the bug, or
>> change the status  as duplicate because Oliver-Rainer has corrected a
>> similar bug.
>>

> I'm cc'ing the programmer, Oliver-Rainer, to see if he agrees that
> this sounds like a duplicate.

May be it is a duplicate. But the description talks about .docx import.
In this case that fix which I had made in the .doc import needs to be
implemented also in the .docx import. But the example document is named
"BulletFormat.doc". Thus, I am not sure, if it is a .docx or a .doc
document.
I have requested in the issue that the submitter should attach the
mentioned example document.

Best regards, Oliver.

P.S.: I am not subscribed to the qa mailing list. Thus, please put my on
CC when you want me to get your reply.

Re: [QA REPORT] Bug 121429, doubts about this bug

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
<di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was cheking the bug 121429- Justified lost in .docx bullet text list, the
> user commented that OpenOffice loses formatting when importing MS Office
>  Open XML .docx bullet or numbered lists.
> He also says that Oliver-Rainer Wittmann has fixed a similar bug  .doc
> files in the Bug 103711.
> The following was the analysis of Oliver-Rainer:
>
> "The analysis of Microsoft Word behavior reveals that the left indent for these
> paragraphs are set at the paragraph itself, while the first line indent is set
> at the corresponding list level of the applied list style.
> When specifying the new position and space properties for list levels - see
> specification http://specs.openoffice.org/writer/numbering/NewListLevelAttrs.odt
> - such a situation has been overseen.
> The problem that in OOo Writer all indent attributes (left indent, first line
> indent and right indent) are combined in one attribute item makes it somehow
> hard to take the left indent from the paragraph attributes and the first line
> indent from the list level properties.
>
> For the WW8 import I will implement the following solution:
> - In case that a paragraph has only given a left indent and is inside a list
> whose corresponding list level provides a first line indent the first
> line indent from the list level is directly applied to the paragraph."
>

> The user says that he has added a file to reproduce the bug but it hasn't done.
>
> what can I do?, I tell him to add the file to reproduce the bug, or
> change the status  as duplicate because Oliver-Rainer has corrected a
> similar bug.

I'm cc'ing the programmer, Oliver-Rainer, to see if he agrees that
this sounds like a duplicate.

Thanks!

-Rob