Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ivan Siviero <iv...@concept.it> on 2002/04/04 12:53:01 UTC

bean message repost.

Sorry for reposting but i had the date one year older. :) :)

Hi.

I have downloaded the latest struts stable version (1.0.2 ) and noticed the
<bean:message> tag misses the attributes 'name' and 'property' which allow
to get a message from ApplicationResources when the key is specified in a
bean property.
i.e.:
 with strust 1.0 i was able to do the following

 <bean:message name="myBean" property="prop"/>

how can i get the same result with struts 1.0.2 ?
I'd like to avoid downloading the nightly  builds.

thanks
Ivan.

Re: bean message repost.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
That's true. You have to use a scriptlet.

   <bean:message key="whatever" arg0='<%= someBean.getWhateverArg0()
%>'/>

I agree that this would be a nice feature, and would make it easier to
use the resource bundles to help format data. Please feel free to enter
an enhancement request to bugzilla.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services