Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2014/05/07 07:59:26 UTC

[VOTE] Move commons compiler from contrib to bundles

Hi,

with the recent changes, the jsp scripting now uses the commons compiler
(the java scripting we have already does so). This avoids embedding the
eclipse compiler twice and now we have a single bundle dealing with java
compilation which makes updating it way easier.

Therefore I think we should move this bundle from its current place in the
contrib section to the bundles section.

I'm obviously +1 on this :)

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Move commons compiler from contrib to bundles

Posted by Julian Sedding <js...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sounds sensible and is certainly a good separation of concerns.

Regards
Julian

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@lmn.ro>.
On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with the recent changes, the jsp scripting now uses the commons compiler
> (the java scripting we have already does so). This avoids embedding the
> eclipse compiler twice and now we have a single bundle dealing with java
> compilation which makes updating it way easier.
>
> Therefore I think we should move this bundle from its current place in the
> contrib section to the bundles section.

+1 ( non-binding )

Robert

--
Sent from my (old) computer

Re: [VOTE] Move commons compiler from contrib to bundles

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Thanks everyone - I've moved the bundle

Carsten

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Wednesday 07 May 2014 07:59:26 Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with the recent changes, the jsp scripting now uses the commons compiler
> (the java scripting we have already does so). This avoids embedding the
> eclipse compiler twice and now we have a single bundle dealing with java
> compilation which makes updating it way easier.
>
> Therefore I think we should move this bundle from its current place in the
> contrib section to the bundles section.
>
> I'm obviously +1 on this :)

++1

O.

Re: [VOTE] Move commons compiler from contrib to bundles

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
Hi Chetan,

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 1:24 AM, Chetan Mehrotra
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Therefore I think we should move this bundle from its current place in the
>> contrib section to the bundles section.
>
> Whats the general convention here. Do we have to move the bundle code
> to bundles folder if a release has to be made? Cannot we release from
> within contrib folder itself

There's no requirement that a module be in "bundles" before being
released. The bundles vs. contrib distinction is more about
maintenance. Mostly it doesn't make sense to have a "bundles" module
depend upon a "contrib" model.

I'm +1 on the proposal.

Justin

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.