Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kristofer Borgström XX (TN/EAB)" <kr...@ericsson.com> on 2007/06/18 11:30:45 UTC

Running Tomcat in Java EE 5 environment

Hi

We are considering running Tomcat 6 together in Java EE 5 jre. Is ok to do this or is it likely to create a bunch problems because of conflicting Java EE implementations? (As I understand it, tomcat has parts of Java EE implemented internally, like JSP and servlet API's and more).

In practice, I am wondering if Tomcat 6 will run properly if I launch org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap class in a jre with the Java EE libraries.

/Kristofer