Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Joseph Lawson <jl...@roomkey.com> on 2014/01/18 05:01:36 UTC

Jruby kafka 0.8.0 producer and consumer

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that my jruby-kafka library now has a working producer. The consumer has been working quite well for some time but now the producer is functional as well!  This is a simple jruby wrapper around the Scala jars so it functions very much like the binary version of kafla. Regardless the library is here https://github.com/joekiller/jruby-kafka

I primarily wrote this to make a Kafka input and output plugin for logstash which you can find here: https://github.com/joekiller/logstash-kafka

Comments and feedback is welcome. I don't plan to implement a broker in this is basically all the library will have outside of implementing some advanced options. Regardless any suggestions, bugs, questions or comments are welcome.

Joe Lawson

Re: Jruby kafka 0.8.0 producer and consumer

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
Yup, thanks Joe! I updated the client page with it
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Clients

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC