Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/15 01:43:56 UTC

How to properly use a custom maven archetype

Hi all -

Now that I've created and released my archetype to my nexus server, I
can see it listed in the catalog file.

How can I reference that archetype via maven?

I've tried filtering the archetype listings by my groupId of the
archetype but it's never found.

Re: How to properly use a custom maven archetype

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
It should be listed but if you know the GAV coordinates for it you can also specify them

Like

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.example.maven ....

the rest of the parameters are here

http://maven.apache.org/archetype/maven-archetype-plugin/generate-mojo.html

manfred