Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Sharpless, Frank" <fs...@paperhost.com> on 2007/01/10 21:03:05 UTC

Apache Tomcat issue

Hello,

I have a very strange issue regarding my Apache/Tomcat configuration.
The symptom is that when a user is trying to connect to a non balanced
web application (i.e. /setup or /stech)  the initial request can take up
to 120 seconds to respond; any request after that replies very quickly,
usually within 1-2 seconds.  My environment consists of both load
balanced and non balanced servers, all using Apache to load balance.

The only clue I have is that my load balanced web applications (i.e.
/abc and /ls ) do not have this issue; only the non balanced web
applications that are affected.

My Apache server version is Apache/2.2.0 (Win32) mod_jk/1.2.15
mod_ssl/2.2.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8a DAV/2. I am currently running Apache Tomcat
5.5.12 Server. Tomcat is using is Windows 2000 service pack 4; Apache is
running on Windows 2003 x64 service pack 1.

My httpd.conf  VirturalHost section contains the mounts:

  ### Balanced Mounts

  JkMount /abc applb

  JkMount /abc/* applb

  JkMount /ls cslb

  JkMount /ls/* cslb

  ## Non Balanced Mounts

  JkMount /setup setup

  JkMount /setup/* setup

  JkMount /stech stech

  JkMount /stech/* stech

My remoteworker.properties file contains the following configuration:

ps=/

worker.list=stech,setup,cslb,applb

##

## Web Application Load Balancer

##

worker.cslb.type=lb

worker.cslb.balanced_workers=cmd01,cmd02

worker.applb.type=lb

worker.applb.balanced_workers=app01,app02

##

## Web Application Not Load Balanced

##

worker.stech.port=8999