Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Muralikrishnan_s <Mu...@infy.com> on 2001/12/11 03:59:30 UTC

Help needed in trouble shooting the error Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.(QName.java:80)

	Hi,
	  I'm using Bea Weblogic 6.0 server. I followed the instructions
of installation for the soap.I did the following
	Copy the /path-to-apache-soap/webapps/soap to your applications
directory For example: To install into the "mydomain" plug the directory
into:
	c:/bea/wlserver6.0/config/mydomain/application/soap
	Put the soap.jar into the web app's classpath
	1. Make a directory
c:/bea/wlserver6.0/mydomain/application/soap/WEB-INF/lib
	2. Copy soap.jar to that lib directory
	Access the soap web app
	You should be able to deploy services by pointing a browser to
		<http://hostname:port/soap>
	where hostname is the host on which WebLogic is running and port
is the port. See the User's Guide for details on the administration
tool. The SOAP end-point for invoking services on this server is:
		<http://hostname:port/soap/servlet/rpcrouter>

	I was able to get the message
	SOAP (RPC|Message) Router
	Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP POST to
talk to me.
	Problem:
	When I tried to run the java program
	java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient rpc-router-url
list
	I'm getting the error
	C:\bea\wlserver6.0sp1\config\mydomain>java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManage
	Client http://localhost:7001/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list
	Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError
	        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:80)
	        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
	        at
org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:237)
	        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:230)
	        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceMana
	erClient.java:129)
	        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClien
	.java:151)
	        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClien
	.java:237)
	I'm having parser.jar and jaxp.jar in my classpath along with
soap.jar,mail.jar etc.
	Environment Classpath Setting(for running the java program java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManager)
	set
CLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;%WL_HOME%\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;%WL_HO
ME%\lib\weblogic.jar;%WL_HOME%\lib\soap.jar;%WL_HOME%\lib\mail.jar;%WL_H
OME%\lib\activation.jar;%WL_HOME%\lib\parser.jar;%WL_HOME%\lib\jaxp.jar;
%WL_HOME%\samples\eval\cloudscape\lib\cloudscape.jar;%CLIENT_CLASSES%;%S
ERVER_CLASSES%;%EX_WEBAPP_CLASSES%;C:\bea
	Server Classpath Setting:
	set
CLASSPATH=.;.\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;.\lib\weblogic.jar;\lib\soap.jar;.\lib
\activation.jar;.\lib\mail.jar;.\lib\parser.jar; .\lib\jaxp.jar
	I have checked for having more than one xml parser library (jar)
in my classpath as suggested in the answer to the FAQ. I'm having only
one copy of the jar files.
	I don't have xml.jar or xerces.jar. I would be glad if you could
provide me the hint to trouble shoot the above error/problem mentioned.

	Regards,
	Muralikrishnan.S