Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Dave Oxley <to...@hotmail.com> on 2001/09/03 19:27:53 UTC

Service code for TC4

I want to have a look at doing some service code for TC4 under Win32. Are
there any design documents for the service code that is already there for
Unix or does anyone (Pier?) have any ideas about how they want it to work
under Win32? ....or is anyone working on this already?

Dave.
Dave@JungleMoss.com

Re: Service code for TC4

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Dave Oxley" <to...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I want to have a look at doing some service code for TC4 under Win32. Are
> there any design documents for the service code that is already there for
> Unix or does anyone (Pier?) have any ideas about how they want it to work
> under Win32? ....or is anyone working on this already?

I'm writing the specification of the final Java APIs from a bunch of
discussions I had off this list with others interested in a more generic
invocation framework... All the new code should reside in
jakarta-tomcat-service (for now), jakarta-tomcat-4.0/service is
deprecated...

(The initial spec draft is in jakarta-tomcat-service)

    Pier