Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2002/02/02 02:02:17 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr/build find_apr.m4

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 03:11:16AM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> jerenkrantz    02/01/31 19:11:16
>
>   Modified:    build    find_apr.m4
>   Log:
>   Add a path argument that makes it easier for programs (such as SVN)
>   that require absolute paths instead of relative ones.

Note: I don't think it is just SVN. Whenever an application includes
apr(util) in their build, they are going to have to reference the pieces of
APR from *anywhere* in their source tree. That implies they will do a lot of
".." munging, or they will use absolute paths.

Thus, I believe the better solution is simply for find_apr.m4 to always
return absolute paths in its "output variables".

I'll investigate. I'd also like to switch the code over to using apr-config
exclusively.

Cheers,
-g

--