Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Matthieu DELAHAIS <de...@yahoo.fr> on 2003/01/24 17:10:43 UTC

misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory

Hi all,

I try to work with a MS SQL Server Database. But, When
I want to use Jetspeed, I have frequentlly the error
message : "misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory".
I checked my torque.properties file, I checked that my
drivers are in the classpath. Everthing seems to be
OK.
Does someone have an idea? Thanks in advance.

Matthieu

Re: misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory

Posted by Jorgen Skogstad <js...@pogostick.net>.
Hi ..

Well .. I just got it running tonight .. and I am running
the base from mySql and have configured the datastore for
MsSql as well .. since most of our data is there... here
is the extra lines I had to add to the Torque.properties;

--- start
### Microsoft SQL
torque.database.cofax.adapter=mssql
torque.dsfactory.cofax.connection.driver =
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
torque.dsfactory.cofax.connection.url =
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://10.10.10.70:1433;DatabaseName=databasename;SelectMethod=cursor
torque.dsfactory.cofax.connection.user = username
torque.dsfactory.cofax.connection.password = password
torque.dsfactory.cofax.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory
# The number of database connections to cache per ConnectionPool instance
(specified per database)
torque.dsfactory.cofax.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.cofax.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.cofax.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
--- stop

As you can see .. I configure a source named cofax here
since that is our main cms. When accessing it .. you need
to set the specific poolname ... in your databasebrowser
portlet's config!

... it works for me so far! Yiha! This means that I finally
can make a portal from our main repository .. which would
increase our services!

Hope you get it to work as well .. drop me a line if you
have any problems!

Kindest,
Jørgen Skogstad