Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rajmohan Parayil <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/11 21:24:44 UTC

Re: java.lang.Exception: Socket bind failed: [730048]

I am adding this post so that it may help anyone who have faced this issue.

Tomcat uses either APR implementation or JSSE implementation.

The following error may be because of trying to load APR library for SSL but
the actual implementation might be using JSSE implementation.

So try commenting out the following line from server.xml and try restarting
tomcat
 <!--APR library loader. Documentation at /docs/apr.html -->
<!-- <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"
SSLEngine="on" /> -->

RE: java.lang.Exception: Socket bind failed: [730048]

Posted by Arul Jose <vi...@yahoo.com>.
This forum post was helpful and it helped generate thoughts to solve the same
problem which I had.

So thanks.

In my windows task manager, I found an entry with the description "web
server daemon" under the 'processes' tab. I killed it. My tomcat started.

RE: java.lang.Exception: Socket bind failed: [730048]

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
> Subject: Re: java.lang.Exception: Socket bind failed: [730048]

> On 11/11/2010 20:24, Rajmohan Parayil wrote:
> >
> > I am adding this post so that it may help anyone who have faced this issue.

> Not without a detailed description of the error, how you identified it &
> what the correct resolution was it won't.

Since Rajmohan resurrected a very dead two-year old thread and posted irrelevant (and incorrect) information unrelated to the problem described in the thread, I wouldn't expect to get much...

 - Chuck

Re: java.lang.Exception: Socket bind failed: [730048]

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.