Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ca...@bookandhammer.com on 2001/11/09 06:35:33 UTC

Apache and Tomcat 4.0.1 on MacOSX 10.1

Hi,
I am trying to get Tomcat working with Apache on MacOSX 10.1 using the
warp connector.

I downloaded and installed version 1.3.22 of Apache and 4.0.1 of Tomcat.
I downloaded the webapp_module.

When I check the configuration in apache, I get the following error

dyld: /usr/sbin/httpd Undefined symbols:
_ap_ctx_get

Side Note:
   I tried to use the binary for apache and got an error about not
finding the /usr/local/lib/libld.dyld
   I looked on the complete filesystem for libld.dyld with no luck.
   So I compiled apache locally and it works fine without the
webapp_module.

Any information or thoughts as to why I cannot get the webapp_module
working would be helpful.

I was going to try to compile it locally,  but I couldn't find the
source in the tomcat distribution.

Thanks

--Peter

Re: Apache and Tomcat 4.0.1 on MacOSX 10.1

Posted by Steve Gass <sg...@gass.com>.
carlson@bookandhammer.com wrote:
> I get the following error
> [localhost:/usr/sbin] carlson%  apachectl configtest
> Syntax error on line 302 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
> Invalid virtual host name

I had the same problem when I put the directives in the DSO Support
section of httpd.conf. When I put them at the very end of the file, it
worked.

Steve

Re: Apache and Tomcat 4.0.1 on MacOSX 10.1

Posted by ca...@bookandhammer.com.
I was able to recompile the source of the webapp module from the nightly
release of Nov 10th.

However, now when I use the parameters in the main section (not a
virtual host section)

WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:8080
WebAppDeploy examples conn /examples

I get the following error
[localhost:/usr/sbin] carlson%  apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 302 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Invalid virtual host name

I setup  of virtual host with localhost as the name,
I set the main servername to localhost and 127.0.0.1, but I still get
the same problem.

Any suggestions?

--Peter

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by "J. Eric Smith" <es...@digitalforge.com>.
Peter,

I'm having the exact same problem, only I'm on RedHat 7.2.  If you get
an answer to this one, let me know because I need it as well.

Thanks,

J. Eric Smith
Multimedia Producer

Digital Forge Multimedia