Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcouxhall.co.uk> on 2001/11/11 20:40:37 UTC

Turbine/security

I have an application which uses postgresql and which I would like to
migrate to turbine. The application uses the oid as an integer which, if I
understand correctly, will be broken by the patches suggested in the
postgres HOWTO. However, I think the user/group/role/permission turbine
security is ideal for extensions to the application and would like to use
it if possible. This is a production application so I'm using tdk 2.1.

I have the following questions:

Has the implementation of this been changed in later versions such that
the patches to postgres JDBC drivers are not required?

Can anyone point me to an alternative implementation which does not
require changes to the postgres JDBC Drivers?

Many thanks for any help.

Peter Courcoux