Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Lisa Wojcik <lw...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/11/27 19:48:20 UTC

Flood errors

Hi,

I have followed the instructions from the web page
http://httpd.apache.org/test/flood/

When I try try run flood I get the following

./flood examples/round-robin.xml > foo.out
 open request failed.
 Error running farmer 'Joe': Error string not specified yet.
 open request failed.
 Error running farmer 'Joe': Error string not specified yet.
 open request failed.
 Error running farmer 'Joe': Error string not specified yet.
 open request failed.
 Error running farmer 'Joe': Error string not specified yet.
 open request failed.
 Error running farmer 'Joe': Error string not specified yet.

Does anyone know why this happens and how it can be fixed?

Thanks,
Lisa

Re: Flood errors

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 12:48:20PM -0600, Lisa Wojcik wrote:
> When I try try run flood I get the following
>
> ./flood examples/round-robin.xml > foo.out
>  open request failed.
>  Error running farmer 'Joe': Error string not specified yet.
[snip]

What's your platform/arch? Are you able to make connections from
your machine to those sites listed in examples/round-robin.xml?
Our error handling is definately lacking, and sometimes you'll get
this error if name lookups fail for a particular URL.

-aaron

Re: Flood errors

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.
On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 12:48:20PM -0600, Lisa Wojcik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have followed the instructions from the web page
> http://httpd.apache.org/test/flood/
>
> When I try try run flood I get the following
>
> ./flood examples/round-robin.xml > foo.out
>  open request failed.
>  Error running farmer 'Joe': Error string not specified yet.
<snip, snip>
> Does anyone know why this happens and how it can be fixed?

Is anything getting written to foo.out?  It is possible that
one of the sites listed in round-robin.xml is down.  -- justin