Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vikram <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/20 07:24:31 UTC

Re: Bug Report: Subversion 1.7 segfaults when using gnome-keyring authentication (Linux x64)

Hi,

I'm also stuck with this same issue,
"svn up" makes svn segfaults and coring.
This started happening when I give
my new password set in my svn server.

Can some one please help on this?
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Vikram

Re: Bug Report: Subversion 1.7 segfaults when using gnome-keyring authentication (Linux x64)

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
Hi Vikram,

> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thank you for the response and clarification.
> Yes, I'm using 1.7.19 and I'm with that issue.
>
> And, I have tried installing CollabNet Subverion client 1.8.15 and I
> get a different issue (svn: E175013:) as below. I don't think its a
> credentials issue because it still fails with the same error even with
> explicit credential specification.
>
> Any idea, you can help on this.
>
> Thanks
> Vikram
this is a bit confusing. In your first reply you stated that you "are
also stuck with this same issue[..]". Now you suggest running into a
completely different problem which has nothing to do with the one the OP
posted.

So assuming you have a different issue which is E175013 being returned
by svn when doing an svn up, I take it that most likely there's some
permission issue at hand (or you are trying to connect to the wrong URL?)?
Given that the issue started when you entered your new password, I'd
tripple check whether the password really is correct and works with
authenticating with the server. If that is, then I'd double check that
the server (incl. repository) permissions are correct and didn't change
for your account.

Looking quickly on google, it suggests a couple of trouble shooting
steps in different links. Did you have a look at these?

Stefan Hett

Re: Bug Report: Subversion 1.7 segfaults when using gnome-keyring authentication (Linux x64)

Posted by Vikram B <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the response and clarification.
Yes, I'm using 1.7.19 and I'm with that issue.

And, I have tried installing CollabNet Subverion client 1.8.15 and I get a
different issue (svn: E175013:) as below. I don't think its a credentials
issue because it still fails with the same error even with explicit
credential specification.

Any idea, you can help on this.

Thanks
Vikram

]$ svn --version
svn, version 1.8.15 (r1718365)
   compiled Dec 16 2015, 13:42:56 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Copyright (C) 2015 The Apache Software Foundation.
This software consists of contributions made by many people;
see the NOTICE file for more information.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - with Cyrus SASL authentication
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme
* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
serf.
  - using serf 1.3.8
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme

]$ svn up .
Updating '.':
svn: E175013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL '<path>'
svn: E175013: Access to '<path>' forbidden

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
Hi Vikram,