Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Lopez, Javier" <ja...@zalando.de> on 2016/01/12 11:55:51 UTC

Exception using flink-connector-elasticsearch

Hi,

We are using the sink for ElasticSearch and when we try to run our job we
get the following exception:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError Caused by:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: An SPI class of type
org.apache.lucene.codecs.Codec with name 'Lucene410' does not exist.  You
need to add the corresponding JAR file supporting this SPI to your
classpath.  The current classpath supports the following names: []

We are using embedded nodes and we don't know if we are missing some
configuration for the elasticsearch client. This is the code we are using:

Map<String, String> config = Maps.newHashMap();

  config.put("bulk.flush.max.actions", "1");

  config.put("cluster.name", "flink-test");

  result.addSink(new ElasticsearchSink<>(config, new
IndexRequestBuilder<Tuple4<String, Double, Long, Double>>() {
      @Override
      public org.elasticsearch.action.index.IndexRequest
createIndexRequest(Tuple4<String, Double, Long, Double> element,
RuntimeContext ctx) {
          Map<String, Object> json = new HashMap<>();
          json.put("data", element);
          return org.elasticsearch.client.Requests.indexRequest()
                  .index("stream_test_1")
                  .type("aggregation_test")
                  .source(json);
      }
  }));

The flink server as well as the elasticsearch server are in the same local
machine.

Thanks for your help

Re: Exception using flink-connector-elasticsearch

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Javier,

it seems as if you either are missing the lucene-codecs jar in your
classpath or that you have a wrong version (not 4.10.4). Could you check in
your job jar whether it includes lucence-codecs? If so, could you run mvn
dependency:tree in the root directory of your project. There you should see
which version of lucene-codecs you have included and from where it stems.

Cheers,
Till
​

Posted by "Lopez, Javier" <ja...@zalando.de>.
Hi,

Thanks Aljoscha, the libraries solved the problem. It worked perfectly!.

Re: global function over partitions

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I think the reason why you are seeing output across all parallel machines is that the sink itself has parallelism=10 again. So even though there is only one parallel instance of the All-WIndow Operator, the results of this get shipped (round-robin) to the 10 parallel instances of the file sink.

By default, streaming operations don’t adapt to the parallelism of upstream operations, so if you want that you also have to specify the parallelism of the sink.

Cheers,
Aljoscha

Posted by Radu Tudoran <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi,