Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Raghavendar T S <ra...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/29 15:04:25 UTC

Unable to update logback configuration in Flink Native Kubernetes

Hi

I have created a Flink Native Kubernetes (1.14.2) cluster which is
successful. I am trying to update the logback configuration for which I am
using the configmap exposed by Flink Native Kubernetes. Flink Native
Kubernetes is creating this configmap during the start of the cluster and
deleting it when the cluster is stopped and this behavior is as per the
official documentation.

I updated the logback configmap which is also successful and this process
even updates the actual logback files (conf folder) in the job manager and
task manager. But Flink is not loading (hot reloading) this logback
configuration.

Also I want to make sure that the logback configmap configuration is
persisted even during cluster restarts. But the Flink Native Kubernetes
recreates the configmap each time the cluster is started.

What is that I am missing here? How to make the updated logback
configuration work?

Thanks & Regards
Raghavendar T S

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Unable to update logback configuration in Flink Native Kubernetes

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the late reply.

Flink clients will ship the log4j-console.properties and
logback-console.xml via K8s ConfigMap and then mount to
JobManager/TaskManager pod.
So if you want to update the log settings or using logback, all you need is
to update the client-local files.

Best,
Yang

Raghavendar T S <ra...@gmail.com> 于2021年12月31日周五 12:47写道: