Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> on 2012/06/06 14:27:11 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1346781 - /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/NodeImpl.java

hi julian

>> NodeTypeImpl#isNodeType which was comparing the jcr-name
>> exposed in getName() with the string passed to the call.
>> the latter can of course be an expanded name too such as
>> the one i used with the constant :-)
>
> Yes, it's all a mess right now :-).

indeed. i would suggest that we stop using hardcoded
strings and use the constants defined in the JCR API instead.

> Thanks for the fix.

you are welcome
angela

Re: svn commit: r1346781 - /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/NodeImpl.java

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi julian

>> indeed. i would suggest that we stop using hardcoded
>> strings and use the constants defined in the JCR API instead.
>
> Absolutely. We just need to be careful with layering; as far as I
> understand the expanded names will not work for Oak-Core APIs.

right... i was only referring to oak-jcr.
in oak-core i would suggest to use JcrConstants for the time being
and maybe at some point in the future create our own oak-core constants.

kind regards
angela

Re: svn commit: r1346781 - /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/NodeImpl.java

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2012-06-06 14:27, Angela Schreiber wrote:
> hi julian
>
>>> NodeTypeImpl#isNodeType which was comparing the jcr-name
>>> exposed in getName() with the string passed to the call.
>>> the latter can of course be an expanded name too such as
>>> the one i used with the constant :-)
>>
>> Yes, it's all a mess right now :-).
>
> indeed. i would suggest that we stop using hardcoded
> strings and use the constants defined in the JCR API instead.

Absolutely. We just need to be careful with layering; as far as I
understand the expanded names will not work for Oak-Core APIs.

Best regards, Julian