Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bill Holloway <bi...@peoplepad.com> on 2008/09/01 23:13:40 UTC

T5: Block property evaluation issue

I have three domain classes.  B and C both subclass A.  A is abstract.
 B has some properties that C doesn't have and vice versa.

I'm putting together a page to display all the properties.  I've
defined two different blocks for the different sets of properties.
BlockB  tries to render the properties of B that C doesn't have.
BlockC tries to render the properties of C that B doesn't have.  I use
<t:delegate> to decide which block to render based on the runtime type
of the entity.

Every time, I get a render queue exception.  When I'm trying to render
a B object, BlockC complains that it can't find its properties, and
vice versa.  BeanDisplay isn't laid out the way I need in the html.

What's the way out of this?  Arrrrrrgh.

--
Bill @ PeoplePad