Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jason Korkin - Safe Data Technologies LLC <jk...@safedatatech.com> on 2008/03/18 14:50:36 UTC

User Management via Mysql

Hi,

I am trying to setup SVN so that it allows me to assign users to specific
projects, rather than giving the users global access to the entire SVN
repository.

I'd like to ideally do this via MySQL for easier user management.  Is this
possible to do?

I've searched through the lists and documentation but haven't found anything
really that matches what I'm trying to implement.

Thank you!

Jason

--
Safe Data Technologies, LLC
http://www.SafeDataTech.com

Re: User Management via Mysql

Posted by Matthew Pounsett <ma...@conundrum.com>.
On 18-Mar-2008, at 10:50 , Jason Korkin - Safe Data Technologies LLC
wrote:

> I'd like to ideally do this via MySQL for easier user management.
> Is this
> possible to do?

svn itself won't integrate with mySQL, but there are a couple of ways
you can still do it, fairly easily.

If you're running subversion behind Apache, and each project for which
you want separate authorization is its own repository, then the most
trivial way to set this up is to use mod_auth_mysql to give access
rights to each group of users.

Otherwise, your best bet is to look at generating an authzfile out of
your mySQL data.
<http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/
svn.serverconfig.pathbasedauthz.html>

Hope this helps,