Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Dennis Gearon <ge...@OIT.EDU> on 2000/10/09 13:32:40 UTC

Last ditch effort for home work

with the below file, parsed into the tree, how can I access the contents
between the tags?

I have gone through the tree using a DOM_Node (by value from the Document
i.e. xxx.getDocoment() ) and all i get for the getNodeValue() and
getNodeName() are "#text", "#document", "or the tag name. I never seem to
find the contents between the tags.

I know it's there, the exe from the samples can output it, <DOMPrinit.exe>

thanks ini advance. As you can see by the time and the typing, I've beenup
late.

<proclist>
 <proc>
  <puid>11223344-6790-4455-1122-CABECCDDEEFF</puid>
  <pname>Test Proc8</pname>
  <ptype>APP</ptype>
  <pprior>3</pprior>
  <memblock>
   <minmem>64</minmem>
   <maxmem>1024</maxmem>
   <currmem>512</currmem>
  </memblock>
  <ptctrl>
   <maxts>6</maxts>
   <currts>84</currts>
  </ptctrl>
  <psb>
   <tbd1>App TBD 8</tbd1>
   <tbd2>App TBD 8</tbd2>
   <tbd3>App TBD 8</tbd3>
  </psb>
 </proc>
</proclist>

Posted by Thomas Conradi <co...@prostep.de>.
Hi,
The content between the tags is there.
Use doc.getNodeType() and if it is equal to DOM_Node::TEXT_NODE you have the
right node!

Dennis Gearon wrote:

> with the below file, parsed into the tree, how can I access the contents
> between the tags?
>
> I have gone through the tree using a DOM_Node (by value from the Document
> i.e. xxx.getDocoment() ) and all i get for the getNodeValue() and
> getNodeName() are "#text", "#document", "or the tag name. I never seem to
> find the contents between the tags.
>
> I know it's there, the exe from the samples can output it, <DOMPrinit.exe>
>
> thanks ini advance. As you can see by the time and the typing, I've beenup
> late.
>
> <proclist>
>  <proc>
>   <puid>11223344-6790-4455-1122-CABECCDDEEFF</puid>
>   <pname>Test Proc8</pname>
>   <ptype>APP</ptype>
>   <pprior>3</pprior>
>   <memblock>
>    <minmem>64</minmem>
>    <maxmem>1024</maxmem>
>    <currmem>512</currmem>
>   </memblock>
>   <ptctrl>
>    <maxts>6</maxts>
>    <currts>84</currts>
>   </ptctrl>
>   <psb>
>    <tbd1>App TBD 8</tbd1>
>    <tbd2>App TBD 8</tbd2>
>    <tbd3>App TBD 8</tbd3>
>   </psb>
>  </proc>
> </proclist>

ProSTEP GmbH                        Phone: +49-6151-9287381
Thomas Conradi                      Fax:   +49-6151-9287381
Dolivostr. 11                       Email: conradi@prostep.de
D-64293 Darmstadt