Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/27 18:18:27 UTC

[Axis2] Too many late changes for Axis2 1.2

Hi all,
I've been seen lot of changes happening in the Axis2 lately.. AFAIKS
the momentum of changes increased a bit recently Eg: QName, naming of
stubs, lots of AXIOM changes, WSDL2 integration, etc,etc...

I'm little bit worried about our readiness for the Axis2 1.2 release.
IMHO Axis2 needs a lot of testing.. I would also like to see couple of
more RC's too..  This is the same thing which happened for the 1.0
release, with too many late major changes it lost it's stability.. We
should always keep our 1.0 experiences in mind..

Personally I prefer delaying a release by couple of days rather than
going ahead with something which I'm not soo comfortable with... I'm
know this  same  paranoid feeling made the Axis2 1.1 release delayed
by days or weeks :(. But I prefer it that way..

Thanks,
Thilina

--
Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com

Re: [Axis2] Too many late changes for Axis2 1.2

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Glen

Yes, I agree that Axiom should have had unit tests that failed - instead
of Axis2. But unfortunately as Axis2 had fixed the axiom version to
1.2.3-RC1 in maven and even those failures were not apparent in any of
the build reports. So if we are to make changes in Axiom, we should
revert the Axis2 dependency for Axiom to SNAPSHOT and make sure that the
build process would test the changes through integration tests.

asankha

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Just to be clear, I'm not against any of the recent changes :) ..There
were very good reasons behind them...
As for this release we need to do more external testing to cover up
our lack of unit tests..
For the long run, I certainly agree that we need more unit tests to
the Axiom, which is the heart of apache new generation WS projects...

thanks,
Thilina

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Asankha:

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1 from me; we need to put out another rock solid stable release like 1.1
and 1.1.1 were.

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.