Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Frank Maritato <fr...@lootcrate.com> on 2017/03/16 14:21:07 UTC

Google Authentication?

Are there any plans to add google authentication as a LoginIdentityProvider
to Nifi?

I can probably take a stab at it if no one else is working on it.

--
Frank Maritato
Data Architect

Re: Google Authentication?

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Frank,

The short answer is that in the current setup it is not possible to
get access to the http request from inside the LoginIdentityProvider.

The longer complicated answer...

The LoginIdentityProvider is part of the nifi-api module which is in a
JAR in the lib directory. The http related classes come from the
embedded Jetty server that NiFi runs which is packaged as a NAR
(nifi-jetty-nar), so the API currently can't see the classes in the
Jetty NAR.

In the future we might be able to move the Jetty libs to be directly
in the lib directory, since all NARs have the Jetty NAR as a parent
anyway, it wouldn't really be changing anything other than allowing
our API to see the Jetty libs.

We may also want to consider having a different extension point in the
API for delegated authenticators, since the current
LoginIdentityProvider was really geared towards a username/password
authenticator.

Thanks,

Bryan

Re: Google Authentication?