Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Avinash Sridhar <sm...@rediffmail.com> on 2004/02/10 02:49:25 UTC

Help regarding running a simple JSP page in Tomcat 5.0.16

Hi,
This question may be addressed many many times,but do reply.

I have a Win xp operating system
Installed Tomcat 5.0.16 in it.
Next the directory structure

PS : The sampleapp directory is outside the tomcat installation directory.

E:/sampleapp
   |      |
ROOT WEB-INF

classes

<package1> dirs <structure> dirs .class files (for servlet works fine!!!!)
in the WEB-INF,there is the web.xml,then sourcefiles<dir> and the lib directory which is empty.

Now the servlet files work fine.........

I have placed my MyJsp.jsp file in the above mentioned sampleapp/ROOT directory.

I have not done any thing with the <TOMCAT_HOME>/conf/server.xml file

and the web.xml which I have written.

When I give the following URI

http://localhost:8080/sampleapp/MyJsp.jsp,

I get the HTTP status 404- /MyJsp.jsp

Hoping that I have defined the problem specifically.Kindly show some light on this.

Thanks
AS