Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2003/03/11 02:20:52 UTC

Re: [Net] plans for ssh

Any volunteers for implementing ssh?  I think enough folks have made a
case for having an Apache implementation.  If no one steps forward, I'll
take some time out somewhere down the road (i.e., a month or two) and
implement it (not as I described, but instead doing a 100% Java
implementation which isn't that hard if one is willing to accept a
dependence on the Java Cryptography Extension and JDK 1.4).  I'd like to
use it as an excuse to make a proposal for how the Net 2.0 framework could
be redesigned it could use some rearchitecting to enhance reusability and
facilitate testing.  I originally didn't think I'd dedicate any time to
assisting with new development, but Net has some problems that are really
entirely my fault from about six years ago and I'm getting the itch to fix
them.  Steve Cohen already did a good job of fixing some of them.

daniel

Re: [Net] plans for ssh

Posted by Kasper Nielsen <ne...@kav.dk>.
Daniel F. Savarese wrote:
> Any volunteers for implementing ssh?  I think enough folks have made a
> case for having an Apache implementation.  If no one steps forward, I'll
> take some time out somewhere down the road (i.e., a month or two) and
> implement it (not as I described, but instead doing a 100% Java
> implementation which isn't that hard if one is willing to accept a
> dependence on the Java Cryptography Extension and JDK 1.4).  I'd like to
> use it as an excuse to make a proposal for how the Net 2.0 framework could
> be redesigned it could use some rearchitecting to enhance reusability and
> facilitate testing.  I originally didn't think I'd dedicate any time to
> assisting with new development, but Net has some problems that are really
> entirely my fault from about six years ago and I'm getting the itch to fix
> them.  Steve Cohen already did a good job of fixing some of them.
>
> daniel

There is one available from http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/ BSD license

- Kasper

Re: [Net] plans for ssh

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 14:20, Daniel F. Savarese wrote:
> Any volunteers for implementing ssh?

I might be in; I currently have customers asking for this functionality.
I will need to check with the fellow who pays my monthly wage, though
:-)

Should be able to confirm/deny in about 1 week...