Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christian Loock <c....@va-ro.com> on 2005/09/15 14:50:00 UTC

Tabs in FOP

Hi everybody,

Is there any way of making tabulators in fop? I mean like \t eg.

Best Regard,

Christian Loock

Re: Tabs in FOP

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Christian Loock wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Is there any way of making tabulators in fop? I mean like \t eg.

No, XSL-FO has no concept exactly the same as Tabs. However, tabs are
merely a convenience for putting data into tabluar format. This is also
the purpose of a table. In some situations it may seem like overkill to
have to create a table to space out data correctly, but its the only way
in XSL-FO.

Chris

Re: Tabs in FOP

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
David Harrison-Jones wrote:

> Hi Christian, I had to find a solution to this myself recently. In the
> end I used a <fo:leader/> tag without any attributes. It seems to
> default to approximately the length of a tab space (which could be
> extended as required). Not exactly a simple ' \t ' but it works.

<fo:leader> does not default to the length of a tab space. The purpose
of a leader is to fill up any remaining space on a line. I guess you
could use leaders of a fixed length, i.e. <fo:leader length="1in"/>

Chris

Re: Tabs in FOP

Posted by David Harrison-Jones <un...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Christian, I had to find a solution to this myself recently. In the end I used a <fo:leader/> tag without any attributes. It seems to default to approximately the length of a tab space (which could be extended as required). Not exactly a simple ' \t ' but it works.

David

Christian Loock <c....@va-ro.com> wrote:
Hi everybody,

Is there any way of making tabulators in fop? I mean like \t eg.

Best Regard,

Christian Loock

DAVID HARRISON-JONES
m:    0788 444 6345