Posted to users@camel.apache.org by nocturnal3d <no...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/02 17:25:11 UTC

camel-elasticsearch component starts up an instance even though IP specified

Hi guys,

I'm using camel 2.13 with the ElasticSearch component
(camel-elasticsearch-2.13).

I specify the endpoint as such:

*elasticsearch://clusterName?operation=INDEX&indexName=indexname&indexType=doctype&ip=127.0.0.1*

I would have assumed that by specifying the IP address of the ES instance
that the component would not spool up it's own local instance - but, it
does.

I have looked at the source code and made the following changes in
ElasticsearchEndpoint.java (which seem to work - i.e. component won't spool
up an ES instance if an IP is provided):

FROM:

TO:

This seems to work. Is this a valid bug? or was the intention to spool up
the ES instance no matter what is specified?

thanks in advance. Jose.

Re: camel-elasticsearch component starts up an instance even though IP specified

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I logged a ticket to not forget about it

Jose, you are welcome to work on patch to submit

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: camel-elasticsearch component starts up an instance even though IP specified

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.