Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Charx <al...@accelsis.biz> on 2012/09/06 12:00:57 UTC

Re: Can not use Karaf Camel feature behind HTTP proxy

This is a double post after subscribing to the mailing list...

Hi Scott,

yes we have configured http-proxy in the settings.xml. We also tried setting
system-properties by using -Dhttp.proxyHost and -Dhttp.proxyPort, but it did
not help.

It seems as if the org.apache.karaf.tooling:features-maven-plugin does not
take over the proxy configurations.

We also installed the not-accessible .jars into our local repository prior
to the build, but this also does not help.

Inside the file apache-camel-2.9.2-features.xml there are entries like
these:

<bundle>mvn:http://scriptengines.googlecode.com/svn/m2-repo/!com.google.code.scriptengines/scriptengines-jruby/1.1<http://scriptengines.googlecode.com/svn/m2-repo/%21com.google.code.scriptengines/scriptengines-jruby/1.1>
</bundle>

which cause maven to ignore the local repository and instead search in the
internet for the referenced library.

A notation like mvn:groupId:artifactId:version would probably help at this
point.

Is there any solution for this problem?

Re: Can not use Karaf Camel feature behind HTTP proxy

Posted by Scott England-Sullivan <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

The problem is that the
"camel-script-jruby/camel-script-javascript/camel-script-groovy" features
reference library/versions not available in a well known public repository
such as maven central.  This notation allows Camel to designate said
library in a location other than those included by the Karaf Maven URL
Configuration.  Including one of those features is causing your build to
fail.

I can take a look at it but I will need to see your POM file with all the
proper versions or the effective POM to debug it.

In the mean time, a short term work around is a two step process:

First edit your settings file and add the googlecode repository:

<repository>
    <id>scriptengines.googlecode.com</id>
    <name>Script Engines</name>
    <url>http://scriptengines.googlecode.com/svn/m2-repo</url>
</repository>

Next, create a custom local feature file that eliminates the http URL from
the desired feature and point to that in your build:

<feature name="camel-script-jruby" version="2.9.2" resolver="(obr)"
start-level="50">
<bundle>mvn:com.google.code.scriptengines/scriptengines-jruby/1.1</bundle>
<bundle dependency="true">mvn:org.jruby/jruby/1.6.7</bundle>
</feature>
<feature name="camel-script-javascript" version="2.9.2" resolver="(obr)"
start-level="50">
<bundle>mvn:com.google.code.scriptengines/scriptengines-javascript/1.1
</bundle>
<bundle>
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.rhino/1.7R2_3
</bundle>
</feature>
<feature name="camel-script-groovy" version="2.9.2" resolver="(obr)"
start-level="50">
<bundle>mvn:com.google.code.scriptengines/scriptengines-groovy/1.1</bundle>
<bundle>mvn:org.codehaus.groovy/groovy-all/1.8.6</bundle>
</feature>

Send me your pom when you have a second and I will take a look.

Best Regards,
Scott ES

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Charx <al...@accelsis.biz> wrote:

> This is a double post after subscribing to the mailing list...
>
> Hi Scott,
>
> yes we have configured http-proxy in the settings.xml. We also tried
> setting
> system-properties by using -Dhttp.proxyHost and -Dhttp.proxyPort, but it
> did
> not help.
>
> It seems as if the org.apache.karaf.tooling:features-maven-plugin does not
> take over the proxy configurations.
>
> We also installed the not-accessible .jars into our local repository prior
> to the build, but this also does not help.
>
> Inside the file apache-camel-2.9.2-features.xml there are entries like
> these:
>
> <bundle>mvn:
> http://scriptengines.googlecode.com/svn/m2-repo/!com.google.code.scriptengines/scriptengines-jruby/1.1
> <
> http://scriptengines.googlecode.com/svn/m2-repo/%21com.google.code.scriptengines/scriptengines-jruby/1.1
> >
> </bundle>
>
> which cause maven to ignore the local repository and instead search in the
> internet for the referenced library.
>
> A notation like mvn:groupId:artifactId:version would probably help at this
> point.
>
> Is there any solution for this problem?

Scott England-Sullivan
FuseSource