Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Ligade, Shailesh [USA]" <Li...@bah.com> on 2022/02/18 13:15:37 UTC

ENTRIES listed on accumulo 1.10 monitor

Good morning,

Just a quick question, what does the Entries on the accumulo master status page indicates for a table?
Yesterday i had to re-initialize accumulo 1.10, before starting i moved my hdfs /accumulo to /accumulo-old
then I copied rf files under /accumulo-old/tables/x to /tmp/x and after initializing i did directoryimport to create new table x
Everything worked flawlessly and hdfs data size  /accumulo-old/table/x matches with /accumulo/table/x however, old Entries were 22B and new Entries are 2B
So what does the entries really represent? I always though it was actually a record count but doesn't appear that way..

-S

RE: ENTRIES listed on accumulo 1.10 monitor

Posted by Shailesh Ligade <SL...@FBI.GOV>.
Thanks

That makes sense!

-S

On bulk import the count is not known. The count is updated on compactions. Once a tablet / file is compacted it's count will be updated. The count is only approximate anyway - it will not be able to determine of a row has expired (past age-off)  after the count has been calculated.

Ed Coleman

Posted by dev1 <de...@etcoleman.com>.