Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2012/10/10 17:16:47 UTC

Support of RedHat 5.8

Hello folks

Does Current Version 3.4.1 (incubating) offically supports RedHat 5.8? There are some problem when we install it into RedHat 5.8 related to gclib2.

Thanks and regards.

Gurkan

Re: Support of RedHat 5.8

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Gurkan Erdogdu wrote:
> Does Current Version 3.4.1 (incubating) offically supports RedHat
> 5.8? There are some problem when we install it into RedHat 5.8
> related to gclib2.

It could support glibc >= 2.5 (i.e., RedHat 5) in the source code, but
the way we build it makes it compatible with newer distributions only.

You will need to use the "glibc 2.5 version" listed at:
http://www.openoffice.org/porting/

It is expected that the next version of OpenOffice will be built in a
way that does not require special packages for older distributions.

Regards,
   Andrea.