Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Amarnath Vibhute <am...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/17 16:53:12 UTC

Drill issue - Reading DATE & TIME data type from Parquet

Dear Team,

I have started using Drill recently (a couple of weeks now). I am using
Drill 1.8 version on a 3 node cluster (MapR community edition).
I have some data stored in Hive tables in Parquet format. When I am reading
this Parquet data using Drill queries I am facing problem for attributes
which are stored in DATE & TIMESTAMP data types. Basically, I can't see the
correct data values which I loaded in the table while querying using Drill.
But if I read data using Hive, I can see correct data without any issues.

I have explained the problem in detail on MapR community, please refer link
-
https://community.mapr.com/thread/18883-getting-weird-output-for-date-timestamp-data-type-columns-while-selecting-data-from-parquet-file-in-drill

I understood that for TIMESTAMP I can use the CONVERT_FROM function to get
correct value but not still sure about DATE values.

Can you help/guide me to read correct DATE stored in Parquet using Drill
query?

I do not want to store DATE in string format as I am sure next Drill
versions will surely support reading DATE from Parquet data.

Thanks in advance!
Amarnath Vibhute

Re: Drill issue - Reading DATE & TIME data type from Parquet

Posted by rahul challapalli <ch...@gmail.com>.
Amarnath,

This is a known issue and the work is already in progress. You can track it
using [1]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4203

- Rahul