Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org> on 2005/07/27 14:37:03 UTC

Getting started: Don't know where!

Hi,

I am trying to get my hands around JCR and Jackrabbit for quite some time
now, but I just cannot find a practical place to start.

What I would like to achieve would be something as simple as:

- Create a repository.
- Store some docs in there.
- Retrieve tem.

I would be happy being able to do all this froma command line to start with.

Is there any document explaining how to make this first practical steps
that I overlooked?

Regards,
Torsten

Re: Getting started: Don't know where!

Posted by Edgar Poce <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Torsten

On 7/27/05, Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get my hands around JCR and Jackrabbit for quite some time
> now, but I just cannot find a practical place to start.
>
> What I would like to achieve would be something as simple as:
>
> - Create a repository.
> - Store some docs in there.
> - Retrieve tem.

See
http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/firststeps.html
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage

> I would be happy being able to do all this froma command line to start with.

there's no command line interface yet. You'll have to code your own
jcr client, or you might want to try the web UI from Day called CRX,
see http://jsr170tools.day.com/crx/index.jsp.

BR,
edgar

Posted by Robert Ritchy <ro...@jarbo.com>.
Torsten,

I think I'm missing something because the answer seems kind of obvious -
but here goes. One of the main links off the jackrabbit home page takes
you to the page you're looking for:

http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/firststeps.html

This has a command line example that will help you get started. If you
want to add documents to the repository, see the first example on:

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage

-Robert