Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Jain, Kapil" <ka...@logica.com> on 2010/08/12 13:57:47 UTC

Random Id selection

Dear all,

I have a problem and want to discuss with you all to get the correct
solution.

I am getting so many dynamic value for one field i.e., ID. I have
defined a regular expression and this parameter is capturing this id
value now I want to select this id randomly. Could you please suggest me
how can I select this random value? Please provide some example for this
too and that will help me,

Regards
KAPIL

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  / Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu sch�tzen. /  Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.

RE: Random Id selection

Posted by Steve Eckhart <St...@wausaufs.com>.
Set the Match No to 0 to select a random value from the matching responses. http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor

Steve Eckhart
Business Analyst/Project Manager

WAUSAU Financial Systems
14010 FNB PKWY STE500
Omaha, NE 68154-5206
Main: (402) 431-8810
Direct line: (402) 715-9382
Email: steve.eckhart@wausaufs.com

Enterprise Payment Solutions.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic transmission (including files attached hereto) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this confidential information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please destroy it and immediately notify us by return email.  Thank you.

Re: Random Id selection

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Dont forget the quotes .
"${RE_Count}"=="NOT FOUND"
Always check jmeter.log it should have given you an error.
Use debug samplers to inspect variables
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#If_Controller

regards
deepak

RE: Random Id selection

you can use the default value field and check for it using an IF Controller.
Alternately the count is stored as a variable  (though I cant remember the
name and I cant check  ). Add a debug sampler  + view Results tree listener
after your sampler and you can see the variable name used for count and
check for that

regards
deepak

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Jain, Kapil <ka...@logica.com> wrote:

> Thanks Deepak. I have another query here.
>
> I am getting n number of value for my defined regular expression paramenter
> and I want to put here some condition like
>
> 1) if regular expression parameter count == 0 then run logout code and exit
> for this iteration and start a new iteration.
>
> Could you please suggest me how to do this?
>
> Regards
> KAPIL

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  / Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. /  Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.

Re: Random Id selection

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

RE: Random Id selection

Re: Random Id selection