Posted to users@maven.apache.org by UseTheFork <jv...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/10 05:08:36 UTC

Issue with assembly:assembly

Hi,

I am trying to use assembly:assembly. I have set a descriptor in an
assembly.xml file as following:

<assembly
xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly/1.1.0"

xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly/1.1.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/assembly-1.1.0.xsd">
  <formats>
    <format>tar.gz</format>
    <format>zip</format>
  </formats>
  <fileSets>
    <fileSet>
      <directory>${project.basedir}/src</directory>
      <useDefaultExcludes>true</useDefaultExcludes>
    </fileSet>
  </fileSets>
</assembly>

I have added a plugin in my pom.xml as following:

<plugin>
        <executions>
		<execution>
			<id>assembly</id>
			<phase>package</phase>

			<goals>
				<goal>assembly</goal>
			</goals>

			<configuration>

				<descriptors>
			                <descriptor>
						./assembly.xml
			                </descriptor>
				</descriptors>

			</configuration>
		</execution>
	</executions>
</plugin>

I do get MyProj-1.2.zip and MyProj-1.2.tar.gz in the target directory, but I
also automatically get MyProj-1.2-bin.zip and a MyProj-1.2-bin.tar.gz ?!?!!

How can I remove the generation of those -bin files? What is causing it?

Thanks,

JVerstry

P.S.: It is late here, so sorry if I don't answer fast.