Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sphene Software <sp...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/04 11:31:39 UTC

Using DIH to import 10 million records

Folks,

I am planning to use DIH for an index of size 10 million records.

I would like to know the following;
- Can DIH scale for this size of an indexes
- If DIH is a bottleneck, what is the specific issue and how it can be
addressed

I also read about solrnet.
Any experience using this and it's advantages over DIH - would be welcome.

regards
/Sonali.

Re: Using DIH to import 10 million records

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can run the DIH with multiple threads feeding from the same query.

FWIW,

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
 <mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: Using DIH to import 10 million records

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Using DIH to import 10 million records

Posted by Sonali Sambhus <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info, Shawn!

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.