Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> on 2004/07/23 11:10:57 UTC

[URGENT] Inlucluding absolute html into template

Hi folks.

I am customizing app for my client, and they have header and footer htmls
under web server somewhere stored. They gave me their absolute URLs thus I
could include them in my application, but problem is that Velocity doesn't
allow using #include directive with absolute URLs due to security reasons!

Is it possible somehow to overcome this problem ? Surely this isn't such
rare need ....

Regards,
Vjeran

Re: [URGENT] Inlucluding absolute html into template

Posted by Brian Lawler <br...@tribenetwork.com>.
Is the content that need to include static?  Perhaps you could just
import it at deployment time and #parse() in locally from there.  If it
is dynamic, you may need to make your own pull tool that will go
retrieve a URL of your choosing and dump the resulting HTML back into
your template, but hopefully you will not have to resort to such means
just to get the right header and footer into your pages...

-Brian