Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Fenderbosch, Eric" <Er...@fedex.com> on 2005/03/15 14:12:07 UTC

Trouble w/ remote debugging w/ Tomcat 5.5 and JDK 5.0

I found the FAQ (http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/development.html) and followed the instructions there, including:

added env variable JPDA_ADDRESS=8000
added env variable JPDA_TRANSPORT=dt_socket
added "-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n" to java command line options,

but my Tomcat still doesn't seem to be running with the debug port enabled.  I can't connect via Eclipse, or even telnet to the port.  I'm running on WinXP SP2 w/ Tomcat as a service.  Here's a screenshot of the service config:
http://images.fender.net/tomcat.png

I'm guessing this is a really a JDK 1.5/5.0 issue and not a problem w/ Tomcat, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Eric